Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I guess I will begin with a little synopses to bring this post up to speed.  There once was a girl who was passionate about seeing and experiencing the world, she couldn't settle her restless heart.  One day a friend who kept in contact with her during her months of travels became more than a friend.  Upon returning from her travels she was impressed with new feelings for this friend.  The relationship quickly blossomed; but there were a few obstacles in their way.  He was leaving to work in the Middle East for a year, unaccompanied.  The news went from an exciting job and travel opportunity to challenging potential separation as the girl pursued potential jobs near his station.  It all turned out in the end, the couple got married, packed their belonging and started off on their new life together, and to a new country.

May 26th we were married in Nauvoo, Illinois; June 29th I caught my flight leaving the comforts of home to start my nursing job at the King's Hospital, and Spencer to followed shortly afterward.
That is my story the long and short of it anyway. I find myself sitting on my couch in an air condition duplex.  We live in the dessert, hot and dry.  I praise the convenience of having air conditioning, and jump from one bit of shade to the next.  I constantly complain to myself that it's hot. I live and work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as well as my husband.  This is our story, or my version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment