Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Would you like a Date?
I learned since being in Saudi Arabia that I do not like fresh ripe dates like these:

They have a very bizarre texture and leave a filmy aftertaste in your mouth that isn't sweet.


But what I've always known is I like dates like this:

Well, I been given fresh dates, yucky, so I decided to leave them out to dry and see if it is that easy to get a delicious date.  I am getting close but it takes a while, that may be because I have left them on the shelf and not out in the sun.  I am afraid of what creatures might indulge themselves.

I've been told that Saudi Arabia has the best variety of dates.  I don't really know what to believe since it comes from the mouth of Saudi's, and from their own farms.  But I have received several varieties of dates.  I was also told that they are very nutritious and when you aren't really hunger just eat some dates and fresh Laban (which would be like buttermilk) to make yourself a very healthy and tasty meal.  Hmmm...not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment